Posted: August 16th, 2015
1. Analyze the current health care delivery structure in your state. Compare and contrast the major determinants of healthcare market power.
2. Analyze the main competitive forces in the your health care delivery system in your state, and compare the major factors that influence the fundamental manner in which these competitive forces determine prices, supply and demand, quality of care, consumerism, and providers’ compensation.
3. Evaluate the positive benefits and negative aspects, respectively, of HMO managed care from the provider’s point of view-i.e., a physician and a healthcare facility- and from a patient’s point of view. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Assess the efficiency of the types of economic incentives available to providers in the delivery of healthcare services in your own state. (SC)
5. Propose who bears the financial risk of a capitation payment system: the provider, the patient, or the consumer-driven health plan itself.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Explain how selected economic principles apply to the health care market and the provision of health care services.
Analyze the factors that influence the cost, quality, and access care.
Using technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.