Need title page and 9 sources in total. Need works cited page separate.
Topic Background: In August 1997 The Kyoto Protocol was drawn up. The Kyoto Protocol is supposed to reduce the emissions of the six greenhouse gases. Once The Kyoto Protocol is signed by a country, it legally binds the nation to reduce emissions of these greenhouse gases by an average of 5.2% below their 1990 levels over the first five year period, from 2008 to 2012. As of January 28th 2003 almost all of the industrialized countries have signed The Kyoto Protocol. The United States of America pulled out of The Kyoto Protocol in March 2001. This almost destroyed The Kyoto Protocol. However, July 2001 a compromised scaled-down version of The Kyoto Protocol was created but President Bush has stated that the US will never sign The Kyoto Protocol.
Issues to address in Kyoto Protocol paper.
1. What will the economic effects of The Kyoto Protocol be for countries that did or did not sign it?
2. Why didn’t President Bush want to sign The Kyoto Protocol?
3. What would the economic effects have been to the US if Bush had signed the Kyoto
4. What public policies will have to be changed if the US decides to sign The Kyoto Protocol?
What effect will these policies have?
The Kyoto Protocol
• UN Convention – Kyoto Protocol https://unfccc.int/
Policy Papers on the Kyoto Protocol
• UN – Understanding Climate Changes: A beginner’s guide to the UN Framework Convention and its Kyoto Protocol
• David Suzuki – Economics and the Kyoto Protocol
• Energy Information Administration – Assessment of Economic Impact: Summary of the Kyoto Report
• ACCF – Costs and Benefits of Greenhouse Gas Reduction
Journal Articles on the Kyoto Protocol
• The New Cultural Imperialism: The Greens and Economic Development – Deepak Lal. University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Economics Working Paper: 814 (November 2000)
• The Economics of a Lost Deal: Kyoto-The Hague-Marrakesh – Jean-Charles Hourcade, Frederic Ghersi. Energy Journal v23, n3 (2002): 1-26
• The Role of Economics in Climate Change Policy – Warwick J. McKibbin, Peter J. Wilcoxen, Journal of Economic Perspectives v16, n2 (Spring 2002): 107-29
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more