Posted: March 10th, 2015
Understanding of the relationship linking leadership with innovation and change.
Addresses learning outcome(s):
- Understanding of the concept of leadership and the application of leadership principles.
- Familiarity with explanatory models of leadership behaviour.
- Understanding of the relationship linking leadership with innovation and change.
- The capacity for critical analysis of issues relating to leadership in contemporary organisations.
Choose either A or B (Do not do both)
- Select an organisation with which you have had personal involvement. This will most often be a work organisation but it could also be a non-governmental organisation in which you have participated. The important requirement is for you to have extensive personal knowledge of the organisation. In short, you will be very familiar with the way the organisation works, its culture and structure, and what is expected of organisational participants. What you will do in this assignment is to scrutinise this mostly unstructured knowledge and provide a systematic picture of leadership in the organisation. Write a reflective, first-person essay (1,000 words) on this organisation, reflecting on the nature and practice of leadership in the organisation. Your reflections should be analytical and systematic, that is, not simply unsupported assertions and personal gripes and biases. There is no template for this essay but you could focus on a particular leadership episode, a series of events or leadership more broadly in the chosen organisation. Your analysis could cover such topics as leadership selection, leadership succession, the practice of leadership, leadership capabilities, leader-follower relations, organisational culture and leadership, power distribution, gender and leadership, and communications.OR:
B. Select a well-known movie. It can be old or new, a drama, a historical piece, even a cartoon. The important thing is that the movie has contents that pertain to leadership, not necessarily all the time but at least some of the time. Write an analysis of the movie in terms of leadership and the leadership lessons it provides. You may focus on an episode in the movie, the movie as a whole or a particular character. There is no particular structure for the essay but the following questions will help you to provide an appropriate analysis:
- What is the situation?
- Who is/are the leader(s)?
- How is leadership manifested?
- How did the leadership emerge?
- What are the sources of power and influence?
- How would you characterise the type of leadership?
- How effective is the leadership?
- What are the overall lessons of leadership?
For a custom paper to the above topic, place your Order Now!!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers