Posted: August 30th, 2016
E23-3 Preparation of Operating Activities Section – Indirect Method, Periodic Inventory
The income statement of Rodriquez Company is shown below.
For The Year Ended December 31, 2012
Cost of goods sold
Beginning inventory $1,900,000
Goods available for sale 6,300,000
Ending inventory 1,600,000
Cost of goods sold 4,700,000
Gross profit 2,200,000
Selling expenses 450,000
Administrative expenses 700,000 1,150,000
Net income $1,050,000
1. Accounts receivable decreased 0,000 during the year.
2. Prepaid expenses increased 0,000 during the year.
3. Accounts payable to suppliers of merchandise decreased $275,000 during the year.
4. Accrued expenses payable decreased $120,000 during the year.
5. Administrative expenses include depreciation expense of $60,000
Prepare the operating activities section of the statement of cash flows for the year ended December 31, 2012, for Rodriquez Company, using the indirect method.
SCF – Direct Method
Mortonson Company has not yet prepared a formal statement of cash flows for the 2012 fiscal year. Comparative balance sheets as of December 31, 2011, and 2012, and a statement of income and retained earnings for the year ended December 31, 2012, are presented below.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.