Posted: November 9th, 2015
Use this textbook ====Cummins, L. K., Byers, K. V., Pedrick, L. (01/2011). Policy
Practice for Social Workers: New Strategies for a New Era, Updated Edition, 1st
Edition. [VitalSource Bookshelf Online].
In continuation of the policy change cycle, a policy proposal is prepared and
reviewed for adoption by key decision makers. Therefore, it is essential that the
proposal be technically and administratively effective, politically acceptable, and
legally and ethically defensible. In this assignment, you will learn how to prepare
and review a policy proposal for adoption by key decision makers. USE AFFORDABLE
On the basis of the readings and your research, create a 3- to 4-page paper
addressing the following:
• Discuss a draft policy or plan for review. What problem does it address,
and what solutions does it propose?
• Identify the possible stakeholders’ interests and concerns regarding the
draft and proposed solutions in particular.
• Identify the risks associated with the proposed policy.
• On the basis of your analysis of the second and third points above, suggest
modifications to the proposal to enhance its chances for adoption.
• Describe the goals of the involved parties in preparing the draft. What
influence efforts (if any) do you see represented in the draft? What additional
influence efforts might you recommend to convince decision makers to consider the
proposed changes and, ultimately, adopt them?
• Identify the actions and resources required for implementing the proposal
• Describe the kind of resistance that might be encountered during the
implementation of the policy. What are some steps that leaders of policy advocacy
efforts can take to overcome it?
Your paper should utilize a minimum of two resources from professional literature
in your research. Professional literature may include the University online library
resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created
by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT 🙂
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.