Posted: March 8th, 2017
1. You have just been hired to work in a brand new family-owned and family-run gasoline station called “Blast Gas” in College Park, Maryland. You know the value of information systems and want to convince the owner (who knows only how to manage a gas station) that it can help the business. List at least four specific strategies involving the business use of information systems so that the gas station may gain a competitive edge. Also, for each strategy, give an illustrative IT example that can apply to the gas station.
2. Identify and describe four technologies developed and/or advanced by Google and explain how it impacts society positively and negatively. At least one must be related to networks and at least one should be related to mobile technology.
3. When making decisions about how to acquire hardware, software, or any other components of the IT Infrastructure, consideration is given to the following four characteristics of an IT infrastructure:
• Dependable • Manageable • Adaptable • Affordable
Evaluate cloud computing in relation to each of these four criteria.
4. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) consists of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Transportation Security Administration, United States Coast Guard and the United States Secret Service.
The DHS strategic plan states: “The Department of Homeland Security’s overriding and urgent mission is to lead the unified national effort to secure the country and preserve our freedoms. While the Department was created to secure our country against those who seek to disrupt the American way of life, our charter also includes preparation for and response to all hazards and disasters.”
Explain both data warehouses and data mining and describe how they could be used in DHS.
5. Create and describe in detail a unique and original app related to social media (no games or businesses). Or describe in detail enhancements you would make to an existing social media app. Be specific in your explanation.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.