Posted: February 22nd, 2017
31. A student conducts an investigation in which she dissolves 1 gram (g) each of several substances in 50 milliliters (ml) of water. She has 12 identical plastic cups of water. She places 1 g of salt in three cups, 1 g of sugar in three cups, and 1 g of baking soda in three cups. Three cups contain only water. She places all the cups in a freezer and records the temperature in each cup every 15 minutes for 4 hours. Which of the following is the best way for the student to display the results of this investigation? A. Pie chart B. Bar graph C. Venn diagram D. Line graph
33. In pea plants, the allele for tall (T) is dominant to the allele for short (t). Which of the following is the percent of offspring that will be tall if a heterozygous plant (Tt) is crossed with a homozygous tall plant? A. 100% B. 75% C. 50% D. 25%
34. An equal mass of which of the following states of matter could completely fill both a 100 mL or 500 ml container? A. Gas B. Liquid C. Mixture D. Solid
35. Which of the following describes mitosis? A. A single cell splits and shares its chromatin with a sex cell. B. Two parent cells combine to create a single cell with equal amounts of DNA from each parent. C. The nucleus of a single cell creates two new nuclei with DNA identical to the parent cell. D. An X and a Y chromosome divide in the nucleus of a sex cell before combining into a gamete.
36. The nucleus of an atom is composed of uncharged particles as well as which of the following? A. Protons B. Neutrons C. Electrons D. Positrons
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.