Posted: January 25th, 2016
nswer the following question
Use ethnographic examples to illustrate your answer.
1. What can rumours surrounding public health campaigns tell us about the wider context in which these campaigns take place?
1. To understand the differences and similarities in the theories and methods employed by epidemiologists, biosocial anthropologists and critical medical anthropologists in the study of inequality, disease and illness.
2. To analyse and critique the re-configuration of institutions involved in global health policy and the consequences that this is having for the health of populations
3. Draw upon the approaches employed by critical medical anthropologists, clinically applied medical anthropologists and biosocial anthropologists to analyse the construction of contemporary global health problems such as the HIV pandemic
4. Understand and apply anthropological concepts, anthropological methods and the explanations they make possible and use ethnographic evidence in relation to explanation.
5. Work independently to write a critically reflective essay.
Academic journals that publish articles relevant to many aspects of this module include:
Journal of Biosocial Science
Medical Anthropology Quarterly
Social Science and Medicine
A great deal of excellent material is available online
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.