You have been asked to assess the expected financial impact of each of the following proposals to improve the profitability of credit sales made by your company. Each proposal is independent of the other. Answer all questions. Showing your work may earn you partial credit.
Proposal #1 would extend trade credit to some customers that previously have been denied credit because they were considered poor risks. Sales are projected to increase by $100,000 per year if credit is extended to these new customers. Of the new accounts receivable generated, 9% are projected to be uncollectible. Additional collection costs are projected to be 4% of incremental sales, and production and selling costs are projected to be 75% of sales. Your firm expects to pay a total of 40% of its income after expenses in taxes.
1) Compute the incremental income after taxes that would result from these projections:
2) Compute the incremental Return on Sales if these new credit customers are accepted:
If the receivable turnover ratio is expected to be 4 to 1 and no other asset buildup is needed to serve the new customers…
3) Compute the additional investment in Accounts Receivable
4) Compute the incremental Return on New Investment
5) If your company requires a 20% Rate of Return on Investment for all proposals, do the numbers suggest that trade credit should be extended to these new customers? Explain.
Proposal #2 would establish local collection centers throughout the region to decrease the time it takes to convert credit payments that are mailed in by check to cash. It is estimated that establishing these collection centers would reduce the average collection time by 3 days.
1) If the company currently averages $40,000 in collections per day, how many dollars will this suggested cash management system free up?
2) If all freed up dollars would be used to pay down debt that has an interest rate of 6%, how much money could be saved each year in interest expense?
3) Do the numbers suggest that this new system should be implemented if its total annual cost is $7800? Explain.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more