Posted: August 6th, 2015
Topic: assessment 1
The aim of this task is for you to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of clinical decision making within the role of the Registered Nurse. The clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012) will be utilised to show the progression of your critical thinking process. Familiarisation with the clinical reasoning cycle will support you to provide quality care and will provide a foundation for your next essay in this course.
You are to write an essay which uses the clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012) to present a case study of a clinical decision that you have been involved in. The clinical decision you select can be a decision that went well or one with a negative outcome. You only need to discuss one example of a clinical decision.
Examples of clinical decisions may include (but are not limited to):
• • Responding to a change in the patient’s condition
• • Care planning considering the patient’s present health status
• • Reviewing planned patient interventions including medications
• • Outcome from effective or ineffective communication
1. 1) Explain the background situation, including current and related patient or case information and other influencing factors related to the clinical decision.
2. 2) Provide a clear description of the clinical decision making process incorporating the first seven of the eight stages of the clinical reasoning cycle (Levett-Jones, 2012).
3. 3) Explain the factors which influenced this clinical decision
4. 4) Use literature where relevant to support the key points you make to demonstrate evidence based practice.
-please dont go more than 1100 words (excluding in texts refrances)
– follow all further instructions to be attached
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.