Posted: September 6th, 2015
• Choose an ESL/EFL coursebook/textbook (at beginner, intermediate or advanced level, Student’s Book ONLY). Your task then is to critically
analyse the coursebook/textbook to find out what underlying theories and principles are being followed by the coursebook/textbook writers in
relation to second language learning/teaching and syllabus design.
• Include the following in your analysis and discussions:
◦ An overview of how the materials are organized (e.g., through themes, grammar, function etc.)
◦ Focused analysis: you can choose to focus on certain aspects of material design that relate to second language learning/teaching and
syllabus design, for instance, what general second language learning and teaching theories and principles are evident (e.g.,
behaviourist, Krashen’s 5 Hypotheses etc), what aspects of language performance are emphasised (e.g., linguistic, sociolinguistic
◦ Critical evaluation of the material you have chosen: examine the suitability of the material for the target learners based on relevant
second language learning and teaching theories and principles.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.