a strategic board level management report
ASSIGNMENT I – MANAGEMENT REPORT
For this assignment you are required to assume the role of a strategy consultant to your current company (or one that you have worked for in the past) and prepare a strategic board level management report on the company’s key competitive strategic issues addressing the following questions:
1. Using appropriate academic models and concepts identify and discuss the main internal and external factors that have affected the chosen organisation and influenced the strategies it has employed to date. (30%)
2. Looking forwards, and again using suitable strategy models where appropriate, critically assess whether the organisation’s current strategies offer a good fit between the its resources and capabilities and the evolving external environment, identifying whether there are any areas of opportunity or risk that need to be addressed by senior management? (40%)
3. As a result of your previous analysis, identify at least two strategic options for the organization, and make recommendations to the senior management about which one of these strategies it would be best to follow, supported by your reasons and commenting on how you would implement this single strategy. (30%)
Word Count: 2,500 words
(+ – 10% excluding cover and contents pages and appendices)
Deadline: to be advised on a cohort by cohort basis
1. Support will be given by your tutor to help you prepare for this assignment during the workshop.
2. In order to answer these questions you must prepare a separate Appendix (maximum 750 words and 2 pages) providing some basic information about the organisation – eg products/services, markets served, number of employees, financial information etc
3. You encouraged to undertake independent research to gather key market data. You must only use material drawn from credible sources such as: academic articles and texts; quality newspaper and business periodicals, e.g., the FT, The Economist.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more