Posted: December 8th, 2015
Why is mean arterial pressure a physiologically significant variable?
- Why is mean arterial pressure a physiologically significant variable?
- Explain why standing motionless results in drop in blood pressure.
- What is the effect of lying supine on venous return? Based on your answer, what would you predict as the consequent effect on arterial blood pressure? Did your results support this prediction?
- Why is systolic pressure (the highest point of the arterial pressure curve) expected to occur about halfway between the middle of the QRS wave and the middle of the T wave (assuming pressure is being recorded at the aorta, rather than at the fingertip)?
- Why is heart sound 1 expected to occur at about the same time as the end of the QRS wave?
- Why is heart sound 2 expected to occur at about the same time as (or just slightly after) the end of the T wave?