Posted: December 3rd, 2015
Planning Methodsâ€”Supplemental Exam #2 INSTRUCTIONS
All questions are short-answer questions, meaning they should be answered using
complete sentences in the form of a well-constructed paragraph(s). Bullet-points
are NOT acceptable answers. DO NOT cut-and-paste directly from the PowerPoint
slides. Formulate your answers using your own words.
As per the syllabus, â€œexams are intended to reflect your own individual
comprehension of the main points and key concepts from the course.â€ Your answers
on this exam must therefore reflect your individual work, not that of a â€œgroupâ€
THE EXAM QUESTIONS
Briefly explain the purpose of trend extrapolation, and drawbacks of these
Briefly explain the differences between the share of growth and shift-share
population projection methods, as well as the weaknesses of both methods.
Briefly explain the best practices for conducting population projections in
planning discussed in class.
Briefly explain the types of descriptive vs. subjective land use analyses commonly
used in land use planning.
Briefly explain the purpose and benefits of a relational database, and the four
types of relationships.
Briefly explain the factors to consider in a land suitability analysis, the rules
for scoring factor attributes, and the importance of weighing the factors.
Briefly explain what NEPA requires, as well as what it does not require.
Briefly explain Executive Order 12898, including what it does and does not provide.
Briefly explain the four principles for incorporating EJ analysis into NEPA, and
limitations of a finding of disproportionate impact.
10. Briefly explain the opportunities for public participation during the NEPA
page1image18544 page1image18704 page1image18864 page1image19024
page1image21560 page1image21720 page1image21880 page1image22040
11. Briefly explain the economic base theory, and how injections of exogenous
demand produce a multiplier effect.
12. Briefly explain the purpose of a regional economic profile, what it contains,
and sources of data and their limitations
13. Briefly explain the four weaknesses of the LQ method, based on the assumptions
14. Briefly explain the difference between static vs. dynamic economic base
analysis, and provide examples of both.
15. Briefly describe the street classifications that makes up a typical street
network, and how the purpose of these streets varies across the classification
16. Briefly explain the purpose of a traffic impact analysis, and how it differs
from the purpose of the Urban Transportation Modeling system (UTMS).
17. Briefly explain the pre-modeling steps of the Urban Transportation Modeling
system (UTMS) that must take place, and how the model is calibrated prior to use.
18. Briefly explain the purpose of the gravity model in the Urban Transportation
Modeling system (UTMS), as well as the gravity modelâ€™s assumptions.
19. Briefly explain the issues associated with Euclidian vs. network-based
buffering in transit accessibility analysis. 20. Briefly explain the Modifiable
Area Unit Problem (MAUP) that can occur during transit accessibility analysis.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT 🙂
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.