Training and Development PR 2
MPA 707 Progress Report No. 2
Summer 2015 – June 14, 2015
Instructions: Please answer the objective questions by high lighting or checking
them off, and answer the text questions in the text boxes. If necessary to get your
complete answer in the text box you can adjust the font size. Make sure you include
your name, phone and email address.
Note: The point value for each question is noted in red and the total score for the PR
1.Which of the following statements are expressed as program Goals:
a.____ Prevent injuries and mitigate property damage.
b.____ Perform the 4 protocols of the Romberg Fall Prevention Series without
c. ____ Reduce hospital staff and patient infections.
d.____ Identify the six basic criteria of an abusive household.
e.____ a and c
f. ____ b and d 2pts
2.A good Learning objective will:
a. ____ Identify the specific action to be achieved.
b.____ Identify ultimately what you want to achieve from your program.
c. ____ Specify the conditions under which the trainees behavior will take place
d.____ Evolves values over time.
e.____ a and c
f. ____ b and d 2pts.
3.A strong Learning Objective will:
a. ____ Identify multiple outcomes.
b.____ Identify only one outcome.
c. ____ Start with a Preamble.
d.____ b and c
e.____ All of the above
Name Phone Email
PR 2. – 2.
4.The defining of your Learning Objectives is carried out in what Phase of the
ADDE Process? _______________________________ 2pts
5.Which of the following Learning Objectives are poorly developed?
a.____ To understand the causes of improper labeling of medication bottles.
b.____ To repackage damage hazardous waste packages in the secure sanitizing
cell, using the XYZ Safety Protocols.
c. ____ Improve workplace communications.
d.____ a and c
e.____ b and a 2pts
6. Identify the three components of a Learning Objective:
c. _____________________________ 6 p t s . 2
7.Given the following Learning Objective statement, identify the behavior,
condition and criteria components of the objective.
As a result of taking this training program my staff will be able to: safely
demonstrate individual and team patient lifting and transfer; applying the
official hospital protocols, using 120, 200 and 300 pound mannequins.
12pts 4 each
8. Identify the Preamble statement to the Learning Objective in question 7.
9.A well designed Learning Objective is:
a.____ Can be measured.
b.____ Includes multiple outcomes.
c. ____ Has a time line.
d.____ Avoids the use of action verbs
a. What is the required Behavior to be achieved?
b. What are the Conditions in which this behavior will take place?
c. What is the Standard or Criteria to be used?
e.____ b and d
f. ____ a and c
PR 2. – 3
10. Relative to you class project, complete the following information: 12pts.
11. Identify the five basic components of The Communication Process 10pts.
12. How will you know if your communication has been effective? 5pts
13.Which of the following is the most effective form of communication?
a.____ Text messaging
1. Title of your project:
2. Subject of one of your Learning Objectives:
3. Write out one of your objectives:
4. State the Behavior to be performed:
5. State the Conditions:
6. State the Criteria:
b.____ Verbal Communications
c. ____ Non Verbal Communications
e.____ a and d
PR 2. – 4
14. The most important multi-cultural principle you can learn about non-verbal
communications is: 2pts.
a.____ Most hand gestures are universally recognized and accepted worldwide.
b.____ Smiling should be avoided when greeting Asians.
c. ____ Muslim men and women greet each other with a handshake.
d.____ Non-verbal communication does vary globally, and what may seem
obvious to you may not be accurate.
e.____ All of the above
True/False Questions 14pts. 2 points each
15. T ____ F ____ In a multi-generational workplace inter-personal
communications is best conducted by text, and emails.
16. T ____ F ____ Using gestures when we talk can disrupt the communication
17. T ____ F ____ To improve one’s memory they should cross their arms and legs.
18. T ____ F ____ Members of the WWII Generation communicate best by texting.
19. T ____ F ____ A touch on the hands, arms or shoulder for 1/40th of a second
will create a human bond.
20. T ____ F ____ A smile indicates you are: trustworthy, cooperative and
21. T ____ F ____ During inter-personal communications words will account for
55% of the information communicated.
22. During the communication process what are the five types of “noise” that can
interrupt the message? Give an example of each. 20pts / 2 each
23. What are the four Logistical Requirements necessary to carry out your
successful training program? 10pts. / 2 each.
PR 2. – 5
24. In preparing your training curriculum and materials, what will you include to
meet the learning styles of your adult attendees? 6pts. 2
25.What is the significance of using the ESP Process in your training Program? 6pts.
True False 10pts. 2 each.
26. T ____ F ____ The short term memory is capable of retaining as much as 15
pieces of information at a given time.
27.T____ F ____ The long term memory can recall thousands of items.
28.T____ F ____ The short term memory can store information for about one hour.
29.T____ F ____ Training becomes Learning when the concepts move from your
long term memory to your short term memory so they can be comfortably used.
30.T____ F ____ Experts claim it takes six repetitions of a skill before you own it.
Did this course meet you expectations? If so, how? Do you have any suggestions on
how to improve the course? Is the information presented in class transferable and
usable by you in the short or long term?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more