Posted: May 2nd, 2015
the role of the Standard Employment Relationship (SER) in the Canadian economy
Write an essay discussing the role of the Standard Employment Relationship (SER) in the Canadian economy. In your work, be sure to make reference to the nature and impact of the neoliberal policy shift of the last several decades. You should narrow the scope of your essay by focusing on any one of the following three themes:
1) The gendering of labour market segmentation (Fudge & Vosko, 2001)
2) The racialization of labour market inequality in Canada (Thomas, 2010)
3) The use of migrant labour in the Canadian economy (Walia, 2010)
In your essay, be sure to define all relevant concepts (including “neoliberal policy shift” and “standard employment relationship”), and to make specific reference to the source listed after your chosen theme (e.g. Migrant Labour = Walia, 2010). You must also use a minimum of FIVE other academic sources (i.e. peer reviewed journal articles or scholarly books), which may be from course material and/or from library research. Reference to specific and relevant federal or provincial policy is essential to demonstrate your understanding of the issue.
Your essay should have a clear thesis statement and a coherent argument substantiated by academic sources. Be sure to reference all sources consistently throughout your paper
The essay will be graded on the basis of the following criteria:
1) Quality of argument (Strong thesis, coherent argumentation, clear overall structure)
2) Use of appropriate scholarly sources (6 total = 1 required source + 5 others found either through course material and/or independent library research)
3) Reference to specific and relevant federal or provincial policy (should relate to your theme and show understanding of neoliberalism in Canada)
4) Quality of writing (format, grammar, syntax, punctuation, correct referencing)
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.