In your paper you are to discuss the overall patterns of vegetation found in California.
In order to illustrate specific examples of California Vegetation students will undertake a field trip to the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Use the information on website from Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Within this context you will also include some subtopics, such as the history of the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden (RSABG), and other subtopics and specific examples listed below. I have listed 11 different pictures you need to take You must also include the 5 maps listed below in your discussion.
1. The entrance to the garden leads you to the Desert Garden Area – Discuss the Palm Oasis and the Fan Palms. (#1 -Take a picture). What biome and
floristic province does it belong to? where does it grow in California?, what climate(s) does it prefer?
2. What is the history of the RSABG? (No picture needed for this, use information from signs, brochures and the garden web site.)
3. Cross section of a red wood tree – How old is it?, what is an interesting historical event that has happened while this tree was standing? (#2-Take a picture of this cross section). What biome and floristic province does it belong to?, where does it grow in California?, what climate(s) does it prefer? Note that there is a Redwood growing right next to this cross-section, feel free to add a picture of a live redwood as well if you�d like.
4. What is a vernal pool? Where are they found in California? (#3-Take a picture)
Note: The vernal pools may be dry, they are across the path from the red wood tree cross section. What biome and
floristic province does it belong to?, where does it grow in California?, what climate(s) does it prefer?
5. Take a picture (#4) of a Manzanita, there are many on the paths along Indian Hill mesa- What biome and floristic province does it belong to?, where does it grow in California?, what climates(s) does it prefer?
6. Take a picture (#5) of an Oak, there are also many types of oaks found along the paths of Indian Hill Mesa. What type of oak did you find? What biome and floristic province does it belong to? Where does it grow in California?, what climate(s) does it prefer?
7. California Plant Communities area – At the entrance to this area there is a sign (#6 -Take a picture). What is the botanist’s definition of a plant community?
8. California Plant Communities area- There are numerous plant communities contained in this area,
you should be able to find some small signs identifying these communities. Take a picture of 5 of these plant communities (pics #7 -11). Use them as examples in your discussion of the general patterns of vegetation in California. What general biomes and floristic provinces do your 5 examples belong to? What climates are each of these 5 examples found in?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more