Please, read the entire directions carefully and prepare me a power point presentation of 25 slides and 5 references. Choose one of the frameworks below research about it and follow the guide lines. Also pay attention to the grading rubric. APA format
Student Seminar Presentation (Individual)
For this assignment, you are required to conduct an interview on an individual from the culture of your choice and prepare a PowerPoint Presentation of the interview that responds to the following questions:
1. Choose a cultural group within your community.
2. Choose a family or individual from that group.
3. Meet with the individual/family at least weekly in order to develop meaningful relationships.
4. Utilize a framework to perform a cultural assessment of the selected culture.
5. Describe traditional views of health and illness within the culture.
6. Examine the influences the environment has on cultural practices related to health promotion and illness prevention activities.
7. Use data from the cultural assessment to plan a health promotion intervention.
8. Identify strategies that may be used to provide culturally competent and
relevant interventions for individuals, families, and communities.
Please note that you are being graded on presentation, comprehensiveness, and professionalism. It is the expectation that your presentation will be at least 25 slides and may use speaker notes to explain your slides. Feel free to use video and audio links (but make sure that they are working).
NOTE: Although, your primary source is the person that you are interviewing, you must have at least 5 references within the presentation. Make sure that you have references and support for your implications for nursing practice as well. You may also use the references to show discrepancies between what you found in the interview and what is found in the literature.
Frameworks which facilitate assessing cultures:
A. Madeline Leininger – Sunrise Model (1991).
B. Giger and Davidhizar – Cultural Assessment (1995).
C. Josepha Campinha-Bacote – A Culturally Competent Model of Care (1991).
D. Larry D. Purnell Model – Model for Cultural Competence (1998).
E. Rachel E. Spector – Cultural Heritage (2004).
F. Levin, Like & Gottlieb – Becoming Culturally Competent (1998).
G. Berlin & Fowkes – The Learn Model (1982).
Evaluation of Undergraduate Student Presentations CRITERIA Value
A. Content and Thought
1) Identifies learning outcomes that are measurable.
2) Provides an outline and references
3) Presents content in a logical and organized manner.
4) Presents accurate content.
5) Includes appropriate references.
6) Incorporates appropriate research.
7) Summarizes and synthesizes ideas.
8) Appropriately answers questions from the audience.
1) Presents the purpose.
2) Presents in logical order.
3) Transitions occur between thoughts.
4) Subsections reflect the main idea.
C. Professional Style
D. Presentation Strategies
1) Uses a variety of strategies, for example:
a. Question and answer
b. Videotapes or films
c. Case studies
d. Demonstrations / Hands on
e. Gaming Activities
f. Skits / Role-playing
2) Incorporates appropriate audio-visual or computer technology, for example:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more