Posted: June 5th, 2015
STP – Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning Assignment.
First please read “Textbook.pdf”. (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7bOawL81rbnX0EzR1g2V2JzT3c&authuser=0
Second please read three of the four articles cited below. Who knew there was so much to say about toilet paper? All are relatively short and available through Murphy Library Business Source Premier Database. (http://libguides.uwlax.edu/databases)
1. “Roll Call,” Consumer Reports, May 2014, vol.79, Issue 5.
2. “People Are Buying More Fancy Toilet Paper Than Ever,“ By: Alter, Charlotte, Time.com, 3/17/2015
3. “Toilet Paper,” Consumer Reports. May2012, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p44-46.
4. “Plying Troubled Consumers,” Brandweek. 51, 12, 4, Mar. 22, 2010.
Then please answer the next six question in one work page.
1. Using Mediamark Reporter, analyze those consumers who have used Charmin Basic, Charmin Ultra Soft and Charmin Ultra Strong in the last 6 months.
2. Provide a description (e.g., demographics, psychographics, and media usage) of consumers most likely to use each of these sub-brands of Charmin.
3. Be sure to explain what data was used to develop your consumer profile for each sub-brand.
4. What differences in market segments can you identify, if any? What similarities do you see across the three segments?
5. How does price overall and price per sheet compare across the three brands?
6. Do you think the additional expense to produce and market three different sub-brands is justified or are the different sub-brands simply cannibalizing sales from each other and profit could be improved by producing only one product line?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.