Software Estimation Methods Information
http://libguides.tamusa.tamus.edu/cis login here
One of the key sources of schedule risk is estimating. For further insight into methods used to estimate software development duration, we will take a look at the following article:
Temnenco, Vitalie (2007), “Software Estimation, Enterprise-Wide, Part I: Reasons and Means”, www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/jun07/temnenco/index.html
Your assignment is to:
• read the article
• answer the questions listed below
• submit your answers through the assignment in Blackboard.
1. What is the difference between top-down and bottom-up estimating? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
2. What is meant by “experience-based” estimating techniques? Give a brief description of each of the experience-based techniques described in the article. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
3. How do learning-oriented techniques differ from experience-oriented techniques? Give a brief description of each of the learning-oriented techniques described in the article. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
4. What do the following acronyms refer to: COCOMO, MMOE, TODSI, SLOC, SLIM, FC?
5. Briefly describe the algorithmic methods described by the author. How does COCOMO 2.0 differ from COCOMO?
6. What are function points? How is function count derived? What methods of function point analysis-based estimating are described by the author?
7. Briefly describe the emerging techniques outlined in the article.
8. How do the author’s final comments in the Conclusion section relate to the issue of identifying schedule-related risk?
Find a research article through the library or scholarly database focusing on Risk Management Time or Scheduling. Include the following parts to the research.
Introduction, thesis statement, overview, purpose
Background, discuss history of topic
Discussion, identify benefits, obstacles, innovations
Conclusion, summarize the overall study, lessons learned
References, with citations in the body
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more