LEADERS AND LEADERSHIP
The Case for this module involves viewing several vignettes depicting different leadership styles. Using your critical thinking skills, write a 4- to 5-page paper identifying what leadership style the character is drawing on, and defend your answer using the principles of the models of leadership presented in the background materials.
View the following six video clips and address the following questions:
1. What model/theory of leadership best describes the approach to leadership exhibited in this scene? Analyze the effectiveness of this approach. Defend your answer with examples from the clip and references to the appropriate background material.
Video Clips can be found on YouTube*
1. This clip is from The Dead Poet’s Society. Compare and contrast the leadership styles of both Mr. Keating and Mr. Nolan: CineGraf (2014). O captain, my captain!
2. This clip is from the movie Office Space where the main character is asked to work the weekend. What leadership style is Lumberg using? ResoluteProductions (2011). Office Space – Working tomorrow.
3. The third clip is a scene from Remember the Titans where the coach tells the players about the Battle of Gettysburg: mikedaquila (2011) Remember the Titans Coach Boone Speech
4. This clip is from The Princess Bride and depicts a battle of wits between Vazzini and Roberts where Vazzini has to decide which cup is poisoned: Vecchiarelli, M.S. (2013) The princess bride – Battle of the wits.
5. The fifth clip is from The Blind Side. What leadership style des the coach use and then what style does the mother use when she goes onto the field to tell Michael that the football team is like his family and he has to protect them? MacPherson, J. (2011). blindside p and p 2
6. The last clip is from The Devil Wears Prada where Andrea arrives at the offices of RUNWAY to interview for a job as assistant to Miranda: moviemomentsAUS’s channel (2012). Devil Wears Prada.
*Note: These clips are all on YouTube. If you cannot access YouTube from a network that blocks access, you will need to use a different network or borrow another computer to complete the assignment. If neither is possible, contact your professor for instructions for an alternate assignment for writing a research paper on the Complexity Theory of Leadership.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more