Salman Rushdieâ€™s novella, Haroun and the Sea of Stories.
Close Reading and Writing Quiz
Instructions: Try to use the attached response sheet to record answers. Make sure to number responses so that each aligns to the questions below. The number in parentheses at the end of each question is the total points for a correct response. Partial credit will be given to responsesthat show some knowledge about the subject matter.The sum total of points for the quiz is 100.There are 3 extra credit questions that could earn a student up to 15 extra points. Read all questions first before writing a response. The first question is a test of students’ close reading of the course syllabus with the intended purpose of sending a message—do not share or work with other students on this quiz.Remember, students must upload their digital responses to the wiki, and email instructor (Marjorie.Porell@umb.edu) before 8:00 AM on Tuesday, November 17, 2015.
1. Write down the exact sentence in the course syllabus that explains why cheating on this quiz is plagiarism. Be sure to use quotation marks. (5 points)
The remaining questions pertain to Salman Rushdie’s novella, Haroun and the Sea of Stories.
2. Name one of Rashid Khalifa’s “best beloved stories.” (10 points)
3. How many times does the “Unthinkable Thing” happen in the story? (10)
a. Extra Credit: Provide “textual” evidence for one instance of the “Unthinkable Thing” by quoting the exact words used by Rushdie to describe it. (5 points)
4. Haroun and his father experience a great deal of stressafter Soraya leaves. For each of these characters, describe the physical/emotional symptoms of this stress. (10 points)
5. How does Rushdie show the reader where Haroun’s journey to Kahani begins and ends? (15)
a. Extra Credit: Provide “textual” evidence by quoting the exact words used by Rushdie (5 points for evidence showing where the journey begins and another 5 points for where it ends). Please note page number(s).
6. Describe the Shadow Warrior, Mudra (“the Champion Warrior of Chup”). Provide as much detail as possible. (15)
7. Using the story as your guide, describe the main argument that Rushdie is making about factors that protect a family against life challenges. (15)
8. Name three characters in the storywho have some association with “juggling.” (15)
9. What characters in the story have a fairy tale ending? Explain. (5)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT 🙂
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more