Posted: March 11th, 2016
With reference to the scientific principles and technical development of computed tomography (CT), discuss the relationships and “trade-offs” that exist between image quality and ionizing radiation dose to patients.
Knowledge and Understanding
Successful students will typically . .
1. demonstrate a critical awareness of the historical background to and current status of the science and technology of CT
2. have a comprehensive understanding of the factors, procedures and guidance which govern safe practice, clinical care and image quality optimisation in CT
3. understand the complex relationships between human tissue type, scan parameters and image appearances in CT
Skills and Attributes
Successful students will typically . . .
4. flexibly and creatively apply science principles in order to enhance CT scan quality, patient safety and clinical diagnosis
5. independently evaluate CT scanning techniques and resultant images, in order to generate transformative solutions to clinical problems
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.