Posted: August 5th, 2015
Task: Identify and discuss three critical issues (conceptual/theoretical and/or practical) involved in conducting an ethnographic investigation.
Refer explicitly to at least six of the below references (please find the attached files of the same references). Also refer to other readings and/or your own research to support your response.
Kamberelis, G., & Dimitriadis, G. (2005). On qualitative inquiry: Approaches to language and literacy research. New York: Teachers College Press. Ch. 1
Savin-Baden, M. & Major, C.H. (2013). Theoretical and conceptual frameworks in Qualitative research: The essential guide to theory and practice, pp. 131-147. London: Routledge.
Thomas, K. (2009). Creativity in art making as a function of misrecognition in teacher-student relations in the final year of schooling. Studies in Art Education 51(1), 64-77.
Villlenas, S. (2010). The colonizer/ colonized Chicana ethnographer: Identity, marginalization and co-optation in the field. In W. Luttrell (Ed.), Qualitative educational research: Readings in reflexive methodology and transformative practice (pp.345-362). New York: Routledge.
Angrosino, M.V. & Rosenberg, J. (2011). Observations on observations In N.K. Denzin & Y.S. Lincoln (Eds.), The SAGE Handbook of qualitative research (4th Ed.), pp. 467-478. Thousand Oakes: SAGE.
Geertz, C. (1973/2000). Thick description: Toward and interpretive theory of culture in The interpretation of cultures: Selected essays, pp. 3-30. New York: Basic Books.
Atkinson, P., Coffey, A. & Delamont, S. (2003). Strangeness and familiarity. In Key themes in qualitative research: Continuities and changes, pp. 25-47. Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield.
Savin Barden, M., & Howell Major, C. (2013). Ethnography. In Qualitative research: The essential guide to theory and practice, pp.196-204. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
Understanding of the question or issue and the key concepts involved
• understanding of the task and its relationship to relevant areas of theory and
• clarity and accuracy in use of key terms and concepts in qualitative research and
Depth of analysis and interpretation in response to the task
• depth of understanding of key concepts and issues that arise in the required readings
from days 1 and 2 (Assessment 1) then days 3 and 4 (Assessment 2) and from your
follow up readings
• depth of analysis and interpretation relating to definitions, explanations and
discussion of ethnography, including conceptually, theoretically and practically
• use of relevant personal examples as appropriate
Familiarity with and relevance of professional and/or research literature used
to support response
• range of research literature on qualitative research – in addition to the required
readings – to support response
Structure and organisation of response
• appropriateness of overall structure of response
• clarity and coherence of organisation, including use of section headings and
summaries to enhance readability
Presentation of response according to appropriate academic and linguistic
• clarity, consistency and appropriateness of conventions for quoting, paraphrasing,
attributing sources of information, and listing references
• clarity and consistency in presenting tables and diagrams
• clarity and appropriateness of sentence structure, vocabulary use, spelling,
punctuation and word length.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further.Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.