Posted: January 8th, 2016
Analyse at the operational level the planning and prosecution of the campaigns waged by the principle participants in the Soviet intervention in Afghanistan, and identify any relevant lessons for contemporary commanders)
The essay must be 4000 words including footnote and Bibliography doesn’t account. 10% interdiction 80% main body %10 conclusion.
1. Background about the war and who were the principle participants
2. Analyse the operational level the planning of all of them:
• where Strategic and Political objectives are turned into tactical activity – the bridge between strategy and tactics
3. Analyse the prosecution of the copaigns waged of them:
• What were the main planning assumptions? How were the campaigns fought? What were the strengths and weaknesses in the planning and prosecution? Particularly; how well were strategic objectives translated into tactical action?.
4. Any relevant Lessons for cotemporary commanders:
• Identify’ List these lessons and explain why they’re important.
• ‘Suitable Lessons’ These should be lessons that are general, not only relevant to the specific case, and useful for different conflicts.
• ‘Contemporary Commander’ The commander of today.
Conclusion Looks back to the question and draws together the key strands of your CORE ARGUMENT; identifies the wider implications (where appropriate); does not bring in any new information; does not make recommendations.
Reference; (add more 10 reverences the required is bettwen 13-16 reverancees)
1.The September 11th Sourcebooks AFGHANISTAN: THE MAKING OF U.S.pOLICY, 1973-1990 by Steve Galster October 9, 2001
2.Decision-Making and the Soviet War in Afghanistan From Intervention to Withdrawal Artemy Kalinovsky 46-73
3.Managing Withdrawal: Afghanistan as the Forgotten Example in Attempting Conflict
Resolution and StateReconstruction Alex Marshall a a Defence St
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.