Posted: May 1st, 2015
Principals of management
Functions of Management and Roles of Management
For the Session Long Project (SLP) this session you will be applying what you’ve learned to an organization that you are personally familiar with. Choose an organization that you are currently working for, have worked for in the past, or are otherwise personally familiar with. The papers that you will write for each module will require a fair amount of detail about the four functions of management, so it is important to choose an organization that you know well.
For this assignment write a 2–3 page summary explaining how your organization uses the four functions of management—planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Make sure to have at least one paragraph devoted to each of these four functions and how your organization uses this function.
As a reminder:
Planning During this process, organizations develop visions, goals, and objectives. They select strategies to reach their vision and meet goals and objectives.
During this stage, organizations select organization design and structures that enable them to implement strategies.
This process refers to leadership, meaning the styles leaders use to fulfill their functions.
This process monitors if strategies are on track and deadlines are met.
SLP Assignment Expectations
• Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
• Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to general background materials.
• List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
• Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
• Review Trident’s “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.