Posted: December 1st, 2015
- Select one person to whom you wish to pay tribute.
- Select the type of music and dance to be included in a performance of their life story.
- Summarize your program, describing what elements of the person’s story you wish to highlight and the rationale for your selected music and dance.
- please add a thesis and work cited or references due on Saturday 6pm
- SECOND ASSIGNMENT
Select one musical work of your own preference and style and compare it to a work from the Classical era of music.
Describe each piece of music and include the following:
- The composition, composer, performer, and style
- Discussion of your understanding of the use of rhythm, melody, harmony, tonality, texture, and form in the piece
- Description of the inspiration for the work
- Description of what both musical works communicate to you in terms of mood
- Summary of the artistic influences that are evident in each musical piece
Submit your assignment in one of the following formats:
- add a thesis and references and work cited due Monday 6pm