Posted: January 23rd, 2016
McKenna was shopping for a new electric mixer. Online she found the perfect one at williamssonoma.com, but when she went to the Williams-Sonoma store, she found the same mixer for $15 more. The retailer has a problem with
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
- Whereas conventional supermarkets carry about 30,000 SKUs, limited assortment supermarkets or extreme value food retailers only stock 2,000 SKUs. Which of the following is not the advantage of stocking lesser SKUs?
- Which of the following describes an advantage that independent, single-store establishments have over other forms of ownership?
- A retail store can use certain criteria for evaluating whether a retail market segment is a viable target market. A health food store wants to use benefit segmentation. Which criterion is it most likely to meet if it follows this segmentation strategy?
- Stocking a deep and broad assortment is appealing to customers, but costly for retailers. What option does a small specialty store owner have to offset costs, and make a profit?
- Which of the following statements about the U.S. distribution system is true?
- Which of the following statements about Internet retailing is true?
- Why do category specialists call themselves “category killers”?
- Why is it advantageous for retailers to be vertically integrated?
- Which of the following does not describe tactics that retailers use to convert positive evaluations of the merchandises or services to purchases?
- Office Depot offers customers a huge selection of office supply merchandise. As a result, inventory investment
- If a chain of florist shops opened a plant nursery to provide gift plants and cut flowers to all of its stores within a 300-mile radius, the chain would be practicing
- If L’Oreal cosmetic products wanted to sell exclusively through the Internet channel, it would most likely have a difficult time because
- Which of the following statements describing distribution systems within major international markets is false?
- Ken operates a furniture store suited for a market of young military families. When young couples come in to his store to shop, they bring their children, who distract their parents from making a purchasing decision. How can Ken help these couples make a purchase?
- Both a weight-loss center and a health club would be pleased to learn that health and fitness, together with individualism, mastery and control, and self-improvement are core values common in the _______ of the U.S
- The percentage of total purchases made by a customer in your store is called
- Why do movie theaters sell tickets for an afternoon showing of a movie at a lower price than the 7:00 p.m. showing of the same movie?
- The multiattribute attitude model is designed to
- McKenna was shopping for a new electric mixer. Online she found the perfect one at williamssonoma.com, but when she went to the Williams-Sonoma store, she found the same mixer for $15 more. The retailer has a problem with
- The intensity of competition is greatest among retailers when