Posted: June 17th, 2015
For this task, you will write a 10-16 page paper on an organization with which you have had personal experience. The organization can be a business or a nonprofit, and you may represent any level of the organization (e.g., team, division, whole) in your analysis. Your description of the organization should convey personal experience, rather than information gained from secondhand sources or media coverage. For this task, you will first describe the chosen organization and will then perform a SWOT analysis on that organization. You will then analyze that organization’s leadership.
A. Describe your chosen organization by doing the following:
1. Describe the organization and its objective(s).
2. Describe three leadership practices of the primary leader of the organization.
3. Discuss how the current leadership has affected organizational culture.
B. Conduct a SWOT analysis evaluating the chosen organization by doing the following:
Note: In your evaluation, consider the effects that communication practices, technology, ethics, and globalization have on your organization.
1. Evaluate two of the organization’s strengths.
2. Evaluate two of the organization’s weaknesses.
3. Evaluate two of the organization’s opportunities.
4. Evaluate two of the organization’s threats.
C. Conduct a leadership evaluation of the primary leader described in part A2 by doing the following:
Note: As part of your evaluation, you will need to use one scholarly leadership theory and three scholarly sources.
1. Evaluate three strengths of the primary leader’s leadership practices using a scholarly leadership theory.
2. Evaluate three weaknesses of the primary leader’s leadership practices using the same scholarly leadership theory you used in part C1.
3. Recommend three theory-based practices to maximize the future success of the leader and the organization.
4. Include at least three scholarly sources to support your analysis of the primary leader’s practices.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.