Posted: March 16th, 2017
Identify three to five (3-5) international incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing role.
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you explored two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years involving the United States as they received an elevated status as a world power. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
- Discuss two (2) international events involving the US military from the past five (5) years that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the Civil War.
- Discuss three (3) aspects of US history since 1865 that has led to the US’s rise as a world super power policeman.
- Identify three to five (3-5) international incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing role.
- Determine three to five (3-5) driving forces that fueled international policy decisions involving the international incidents you outlined previously. (Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars, etc.)
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.