Posted: January 28th, 2016
Identify and discuss the key steps in the closing process that provide the most opportunity to make mistakes in processing account transactions. Why did you select these steps and what makes them confusing?
“Deviance and Social Class” Please respond to one (1) of the following:
- Sociologists explain deviance by three (3) major perspectives: biological, functional conflict, and symbolic interaction. Identify your role, for example, as a parent and which perspective best reflects your personal experience. Discuss the main reasons why this perspective is relevant.
- Review Figure 7.1: “Class in the United States” on page 159 of the textbook, in particular, the typical incomes. Speculate on the typical per capita income for your area. Next, go to the United States Census Bureau’s Website, located atgov/qfd/index.html” rel=”nofollow”>http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/index.html, to determine the actual per capita for your county or region. Compare your perception of your area’s per capita and the actual per capita for your area. If you were close, provide a rationale for your speculation. If there was a major discrepancy between your speculation and the actual per capita, suggest a reason for the discrepancy.
- Thinking back on the last few months, consider a time when you encountered a friend or business associate who promised or agreed to do something but did not follow through. For example, did someone agree to sell you something but at the last minute changed the price? Or did someone agree to perform a service, but then later said he or she was too busy?
- Relate the facts of your example. Then, based on the materials in the reading and lecture, explain why the facts you presented did or did not meet the legal requirements for a contract. Be sure to support your response.
Discussion 3: Accounting
- Identify and discuss the key steps in the closing process that provide the most opportunity to make mistakes in processing account transactions. Why did you select these steps and what makes them confusing?
- Make at least two (2) recommendations for improving the accuracy and reliability of the information in the gaps that you have identified.
- Justify your response.