Posted: February 25th, 2016
Required components of paper
1. Identify and describe the substantive issue – for example: articles present cases and information about increasing strain imposed on workers, then describe briefly the evidence – wage cuts, no benefits, cheating workers, etc.
2. What is the central question the paper is exploring? What is your thesis? How will you analyze the issue; what part of Marx or Durkheim’s theory are you employing in your analysis, including the main concepts?
3. Reconstruction of the theoretical framework you are using. Lay it out in a coherent manner – explain the logic, and the concepts and processes that constitute the theoretical logic.
4. Analyze the relevant information in the articles using the theoretical framework you have laid out. This is the section in which you use theory to analyze empirical information. You must refer to at least 2 articles in your paper.
5. Conclusion – may include summary, opinion, suggestions for further research.
In general, your essay should reflect either theoretical perspective. Simply put, how might Marx or Durkheim analyze the situation? If you think that there really isn’t a problem, that this is the way capitalist relations should work (free market place of labor, competition, etc.), the conclusion is the section to express this view and argument. Also, you should not editorialize in the body of the paper (e.g., “The employers are greedy scum”); any opinions should be expressed in the conclusion (however, don’t use words like scum).
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.