Posted: April 3rd, 2015
HRMD 620 Conference 9 Paper
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN INTRODUCTION AND CONCLUSION
Go to youtube.com, search and watch the following video: THE CASE OF BARBARA PARSONS. Then respond to the following questions in your research paper:
• Within the context of union contracts, what is seniority and why is the inclusion of contract language addressing seniority important to workers and their unions?
• Why was a grievance filed in this case?
• Summarize the arguments made by the employer’s representative at the arbitration hearing for why the company had the right to hire Barbara Parsons for the vacant position.
• Summarize the arguments made by the union’s representative at the arbitration hearing for why the company did not have the right to hire Barbara Parsons for the vacant position.
• At the end of the video, we learn that the arbitrator sided with the union in the arbitration decision. Explain in detail to the company why it lost this arbitration case. In my experience, the winners of arbitration cases are not too concerned about why they won. However, the losers want to know why they lost and they usually want the reasons explained to them in detail. This is why I write arbitration decisions with the interests of the loser in mind.
The discussion of seniority will require some additional research. When doing so, make sure that you rely on sound academic and practitioner resources. This examination of the seniority issue will be responsive to the Graduate School’s research requirements.
Make sure you comply with APA referencing requirements when citing the result of the research you have generated.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.