Posted: August 31st, 2015
1. Why are intellectual property and competition laws central issues for Australia’s free trade agreements?
2. Should the Commonwealth take over responsibility for funding roads in Australia? Why or why not?
3. Who will benefit most from the ACT Government’s proposed investment of some $800 million in Capital Metro, a light rail system? How? Why?
4. It is becoming increasingly difficult for government to fund TAFEs and universities at current levels and the funding model will need to change in the near future. With this in mind, should students or businesses pay more to support tertiary education in Australia? Why?
5. Mr Fluffy, a home insulation business, used loose-fill asbestos products in more than 1,000 homes in Canberra. A national ban of asbestos was enacted in December 2003. The ACT Government established the Loose Fill Asbestos Insulation Eradication Scheme in 2014 to compensate affected home-owners. Should taxpayers be responsible for compensating home owners affected by Mr Fluffy? Why or why not?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.