Posted: July 27th, 2015
You MUST fill out one of these for EVERY ARTICLE you plan to use. Three of these (on three different articles) are due in one week on Wednesday, July 22. Read this WORD FOR WORD. These will be GRADED. Points will be taken off for inaccuracy.
1. What is your thesis? (Please write it out in it’s entirety):
2. What is the full citation information of the article you are using to help you prove your thesis?
3. On which Auraria Library database did you find this article/source of information? (If you don’t know from looking at it, ask me or someone in the Writing Center.)
4. When using information from an article to prove your argument, you need to briefly introduce where that information is coming from. If there is an author, briefly introduce the author and explain why they matter (this could be as simple as: Kathleen Jones, journalist at the New York Times, argues that…). If there is no author, explain where the information came from (According to a study published in the Journal of American Medicine… -or- According to an article published on the U.S. Census website, ….)
How will you briefly introduce this source the first time you cite it?
5. What are 3 direct quotes from this article you might like to use to prove your thesis? Include an author tag line (like the ones up above), the full direct quote in “quotation marks” and the internal citation (you may only need to specify the page number, since you will have already introduced the author/website this comes from. )
Ex/ Kathleen Jones, journalist at the New York Times, argues that “If you don’t come to class every day and do your homework thoughtfully for the rest of the semester, you will not pass the Argument paper.” (22)
What are 3 direct quotes from this article you might like to use to prove your thesis?
6. What are 3 pieces of paraphrased information (info. you put into your own words) from this article you might like to use to prove your thesis? Remember, you MUST include an internal citation even though you put it in your own words.
Ex/ We need better public transportation in the Denver Metro area, including more space for bikes on the RTD Light Rail. (Jones 33).
What are 3 pieces of paraphrased information (info. you put into your own words) from this article you might like to use to prove your thesis?
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further,Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.