Please develop a paper about applying decision making frameworks to IT-related ethical issues.
The topic that you will perform the research on is “Computer-Based Crimes”. Discuss the most prevalent types of computer crimes, such as Phishing.
Analyze why and how these can occur. Describe protective measures that might assist in preventing or mitigating these types of crimes”.
There are several ethical theories described in Module 1: Ethical Theories and Module 2: Methods of Ethical Decision Making, describes frameworks for ethical analysis.
For this paper you will use the “Reynolds Seven-Step approach to address the following:
1. Describe a current IT-related ethical issue; and define a problem statement
2. Analyze your problem using a decision-making framework chosen from Module 2.
3. Discuss the applicable ethical theory from Module 1 that supports your decision.
• In addition to critical thinking and analysis skills, this paper must reflect good grammar, spelling, good organization and proper business writing style.
Each of the Reynolds seven steps must be a major heading in this paper.
Provided below are the Reynolds seven steps:
Reynolds’ Seven-Step Ethical Decision-Making Approach
1. Get the facts Before proceeding, ensure that you have assembled the relevant facts regarding the ethical issue that you’re addressing.
2. Identify the stakeholders Identify who is impacted by this situation and its subsequent resolution. Define what their role is as well as what would be the best-case outcome for each stakeholder group.
3. Consider the consequences What are the benefits and/or harm that could come from your decision to you individually, the stakeholders, and the organization as a whole?
4. Evaluate the various guidelines, policies, and principles First look to any applicable laws, then to any existing corporate policies, ethical codes, and individual principles. Look at the application of traditional ethical theories as well as Normative Theories of Business Ethics.
5. Develop and evaluate options You may identify several possible solutions and may find it useful to support each with key principles that support the recommendation. Your chosen solution should be ethically defendable and, at the same time, meet the stakeholder and organizational needs and obligations.
6. Review your decision Review your decision in relationship to your personal and the organization’s values. Would others see this as a good and right decision?
7. Evaluate the results Did the final outcome achieve the desired results? This is an important step to help develop and increase your decision-making abilities.
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more