Posted: June 7th, 2016
Nurse Manager as Coach
Create a 5- to 10-minute presentation of 5 slides on the coaching session. Include a written transcript (detailed speaker’s notes).
Reflect on a peer or new nurse who was struggling in their position.
Develop a 350- to 1,050-word plan to address their needs from the perspective of a nurse manager using the principles of effective coaching. Include the following:
• Follow the Coaching Model in Ch. 9 of Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development.
• Complete a job analysis of the person’s job.
• Describe the current performance, desired performance, strategies to ensure commitment to the change, and follow-up plans.
• Align the action plan with organizational mission, vision, and goals along with rationale.
• Develop a mentoring and education or training plan for the employee to help prepare him or her for the next role.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.