Posted: July 17th, 2016
6. If you want to know something about a population, your results would be MOST accurate if you could study the:
Subgroup from the population
Top 5% of people from the population
Top 50% of the people from the population
7. A researcher tests effects of a new training program. The hypothesis that this new training program will work better than the old training program is called the:
There is no special name for this kind of hypothesis
8. The cutoff Z score on the comparison distribution is 1.64 and the sample value has a score of 1.32 on the comparison distribution.
The null hypothesis can not be rejected
The null hypothesis is rejected
The research hypothesis is supported
The research hypothesis is rejected
9. What is a correct argument for using a two tailed test even if there is a clear basis for predicting a result in a given direction?
If the null hypothesis is in fact true, a failure to reject it will give stronger evidence in support of it.
One tailed tests cannot be used in almost any real study involving two groups.
If an unexpected result comes out opposite to what is predicted, it does not have to be ignored.
A two tailed test gives you a better chance of getting a significant result.
10. In most behavioral and social science research articles, unless the researcher specifically states that a _____________ test was used, it is assumed that it was a(n) _______________.
Tow tailed; one tailed
One tailed; two tailed
.10 significance test; .25 significance test
.05 significance test; .01 significance test
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.