For ancient Egyptians in many ways the underworld was considered dangerous, but there were also benefits for the deceased. Explain how it was important for kings to build their funerary tombs as part of the sun god’s cycle.
2. Explain how King Hatsheput came into rule during the 18th Dynasty.
4. Red quartzite shrines were built into temples as a place to set down the sacred _____________, which was used to carry the cult statue of the deity.
5. What solar connection did red granite symbolize?
6. King Amenhotep’s depictions underwent a physical change after his first sed¬festival at the temple of Luxor. What was different about his characteristics, and what was he now depicted as wearing?
7. Both palaces and temples were built as microcosms of the world from its very beginning. A) True B) False
8. In contract to the temples, there was little palace decoration relating directly to the deities. Instead, what types of images would you find in a palace?
9. This fragment shows a Syrian travelling to Egypt. The Egyptian world view required that all depictions of visitors, whether on diplomatic missions or for trade purposes, were shown in what way?
10. Often the stone in rock-cut tombs were too poor in quality to create reliefs. Describe the decoration styles used in these situations.
11. Pleated garments became fashionable in the late _______________ Dynasty.
12. The falcon is the animal form of Horus. However, the symbol of the _________________ is also associated with the god Horus and was often depicted on amulets and coffins. The drop and spiral imitate the marking of a falcon, and it represents healing and ‘making whole’.
13. The goddess _________________ is represented as a vulture with outstretched wings, and included in funerary decoration at the temple of King Hatshepsut.
14. Many time statues would be holding nu¬jars, and the hieroglyph of the nu-jar generally meant what?
15. Why does King Hatshepsut generally disappear from sources, even after her reign was considered successful?
16. Describe what a stelophorous statue looks like.
17. Due to King Amenhotep’s increased emphasis on the solar aspects of deities, large open ________________ were now included in many temple complexes..
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more