• 2. (Measuring Unemployment) Suppose that the U.S. noninstitutional adult population is 230 million and the labor force participation rate is 67 percent.
1. What would be the size of the U.S. labor force?
2. If 85 million adults are not working, what is the unemployment rate?
3. (Types of Unemployment) Determine whether each of the following would be considered frictional, structural, seasonal, or cyclical unemployment:
1. A UPS employee who was hired for the Christmas season is laid off after Christmas.
2. A worker is laid off due to reduced aggregate demand in the economy.
3. A worker in a DVD rental store becomes unemployed as video-on-demand cable service becomes more popular.
4. A new college graduate is looking for employment.
5. (The Meaning of Full Employment) When the economy is at full employment, is the unemployment rate at zero percent? Why or why not? How would a more generous unemployment insurance system affect the full employment figure?
7. (Inflation) Here are some recent data on the U.S. consumer price index:
Compute the inflation rate for each year 1993–2012 and determine which were years of inflation. In which years did deflation occur? In which years did disinflation occur? Was there hyperinflation in any year?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more