Posted: June 17th, 2015
This coursework requires you to write a 1,000 word essay. The title is as follows:
Compare and contrast the London transport system with that of ONE large city of your choice
1. Access the collection of sources related to the theme of ‘The London Transport System’ placed in the assignments section of the Academic Writing Blackboard page, and read these in detail.
2. Choose another city and research information on its transport system.
3. Write a 1,000 word essay comparing the transport systems in the two cities.
The coursework should follow the structural requirements of a compare and contrast essay. This means you have to include the following:
Introduction (including a thesis statement)
Introduce the topic and explain what you are going to do in the essay, identifying the main points of comparison between the transport systems in London and the city you have chosen.
Body paragraphs (3 – 4 paragraphs)
Discuss their similarities and differences following a compare/contrast essay structure. Analyse three areas such as the funding, organisation, and quality of each system, providing evidence and examples, and comment on the implications for each city.
Summarise your essay in one concluding paragraph. Give your own opinion as to which system is more effective.
List your references at the end in the appropriate format.
Do not include graphics or subheadings in your essay.
• In order to write your essay you will need to do reading and research. You should use a range of sources including books, journals, articles and websites. A minimum of three external sources is expected.
• You should familiarise yourself with the online library system ‘MyAthens’ early on in the course. This will help you to find a city you are interested in and collect sources to integrate into your writing. You will need your username and password which will have been emailed to you but which you can also obtain from library services.
• Throughout your essay you need to show evidence that you have researched the subject.
“According to Smith (2014) ……” or “It can be seen that ………………….. (Irving, 2012)”
• Do NOT use Wikipedia or websites featuring sample essays at any point in the assignment.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.