Posted: November 13th, 2015
Child Development / Teacher interview
Part I, Each student will conduct a confidential interview with an Elementary school teacher (via phone, e-mail, face to face etc.). A type five-seven page paper will reflect the conversation with the teacher about parent involvement, community support and the interaction between teacher/child and child/child This assignment is used to assess the following SLO’s:
Analyze theories of socialization that address the interrelationship of child, family and community.
Analyze and evaluate the factors that both positively and negatively influence the socialization of the child.
Critique strategies that support and empower families through respectful, reciprocal relationships to involve all families in their children’s development and learning.
Students must start the paper by providing background of the teacher, such as name(first name only), the school, grade teach, and other pertinent information. The paper must be written in essay/paragraph format… Do not write in Question and Answer format.
Then proceed with provided 13 questions (must include all 12 questions and may add more questions if necessary to expand):
1. How much parent participation do they encourage?
2. How much do they have?
3. What are the ways families can become involved in school?
4. What do they believe are the value of parent collaboration?
5. What do they believe is negative about parent participation?
6. How much does parent involvement affect the children’s developmental needs?
7. What do you do to support and empower families in their children’s development and learning? Give specific strategies.
8. How does the family, school, and community work together to support the children?
9. What linkages are influential in the school’s ability to socialize?
10. What do you think influences the socialization of the child? Give positive and negative factors. Be specific.
11. Is there any evidence of interrelationship between child, family, school and community and if so, please discuss specifically by providing concrete examples.
12. Please add any other pertinent questions you may think of.
Note: reference appropriate text material to support your findings. Focus on ch.3, 4, 5,7,10
Part II, Each student will observe or ask an elementary teacher regarding the following: could expand the questions
1. Describe teacher interactions with both male and female students. Provide specific example.
2. Describe Peer interactions; Girl and boy interactions;
3. Were there any differences observed? If so, in what were they? ;
4. Did the differences mirror societal expectations of male and female behavioral patterns?
5. What are positive and negative factors that influence the socialization of the child?
Note: reference appropriate text material to support your findings.
Part III. Analysis:
A). Interrelationship of Child, Family and Community:
From your interview and observation, which do you feel and think illustrates the interrelationship between the child, family and the community. Describe the answers. Refer to text. Discuss and relate, very specifically, all 3 theories (Erickson, Maslow and Bronfenbrenner) of socialization that address the interrelationship of child, family and community and school.
B) Positive and Negative factors: From your interview, identify factors that both positively and negatively influence the socialization of the child and explain the effect it has on the child.
C) Strategies: From your interview, categorize strategies that support and empower families to involve in their children’s development and learning.
Note: For this part, you can look back to your family interview.
Part IV. Conclusion Thought
Write a brief paragraph in which you discuss
· Discuss at least 4 significant concepts learned from the assignment.
· Provide an explanation as to how information learned will be used for future growth—as a parent/teacher/community member/ etc.
· Provide an “action plan” with three specific goals based on this assignment
· Anything else you would like to share regarding the assignment.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT 🙂
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.