Posted: July 2nd, 2015
1. Create a proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Open the template in Doc Sharing. You will include the information from Milestone #1, your PICO question, and evidence appraisal, as you compose this proposal. Your plan is to convince your management team of a nursing problem you have uncovered and you feel is significant enough to change the way something is currently practiced.
2. The format for this proposal will be a paper following the Publication manual of APA 6th edition.
3. The paper is to be four- to six-pages excluding the Title page and Reference page.
4. As you organize your information and evidence, include the following topics.
a. Introduction: Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63). Introduce the reader to the plan with evidence-based problem identification and solution.
b. Change Plan: Write an overview using the John Hopkins Nursing EBP Model and Guidelines (2012)
i. Practice Question
5. Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. In-text citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means using peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
6. Tables and Figures may be added as appropriate to the project. They should be embedded within the body of the paper (see your APA manual for how to format and cite). Creating tables and figures offers visual aids to the reader and enhances understanding of your literature review and design for change.
GRADING CRITERIA: DESIGN FOR CHANGE CAPSTONE PROJECT
Category Points % Description
Introduction 25 11% Introduction to the plan is nursing focused, with evidence-based problem identification and potential solutions clearly identified.
Change Plan; Practice Question (Steps 1–5) 50 22% Activities to achieve the first steps of change are fully described in detail and are based on the first five steps of the John Hopkins EBP Process; Practice Question.
Change Plan; Evidence (Steps 6–10) 50 22% Activities to achieve steps six through ten of the John Hopkins EBP Process are fully described in detail; Evidence.
Change Plan; Translation
(Steps 11–18) 50 22% Activities to achieve the final steps of change are fully described in detail and are based on steps 11 through 18 of the John Hopkins EBP Process; Practice Question.
Summary 25 11% Clear, solid summary summarizing the key points and steps of the change plan is included; ways to maintain the change plan are described.
APA Format 25 11% Minimal errors.
Total 225 points 100%
Dearholt, S. L., & Dang, D. (2012).Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence Based Practice: Model and Guidelines (2nd ed.). Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International.
Your title here
This paragraph(s) is to introduce the paper. State the problem and potential solutions backed by evidence. Briefly, introduce the nursing focused plan. Remember this is a scholarly APA assignment so you cannot use first person. Remember that you will keep all the bolded headings and just remove the non-bolded content when you start your paper.
Change Model Overview
In this first paragraph, provide an overview of the John Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Process. Feel free to state why nurses should use this model as a guide to facilitate change. Under each of the second level headers listed below, you now link your identified topic to the John Hopkins EBP Process.
Step 1: Recruit Interprofessional Team
You will be the leader of the team since this is your project. Who will you also include in your team? Make sure you choose relevant stakeholders. You should have no more than eight members. Do not list your team members by name but instead by position (pharmacists, charge nurse etc)
Step 2: Develop and Refine the EBP Question
Restate your question. Include the PICO elements but make sure you write them in paragraph form and not in list format.
Step 3: Define the Scope of the EBP
Why is this a problem? Give statistics and information to back the scope of the problem. How does this problem impact healthcare on a broader scale?
Steps 4 and 5: Determine Responsibility of Team Members
Why are the members chosen important to your project? What are their roles?
Steps 6 and 7: Conduct Internal/ External Search for Evidence and Appraisal of Evidence
What type of evidence did you find? EBP guidelines? Quality improvement data? Position statements? Qualitative research? Quantitative research? Briefly discuss the strength of this research. This is not where you describe the results of your studies. This is done in the following steps.
Steps 8 and 9: Summarize the Evidence
Synthesize the information that you obtained from your sources. You will need at least four sources. Of these four sources, three must be from peer-reviewed articles. The other source can be from a reputable source. See page 44 of your text for examples of sources you can use.
In this section, you need to synthesize the information from the articles. Feel free to cite multiple articles within one sentence. You should avoid one paragraph for each of the sources.
Step 10: Develop Recommendations for Change Based on Evidence
What is your recommendation based on the research? Ideally, you will have found enough support in your evidence to proceed with implementing your pilot program.
Steps 11, 12, and 13, 14: Action Plan
You have not implemented your project yet, therefore, this section will be hypothetical. Develop your plan for implementation. What are the specific steps you will take to implement your pilot study? What is the timeline for your plan? Make sure you include a plan for evaluation of outcomes and method to report the results.
Steps 16 and 16: Evaluating Outcomes and Reporting Outcomes
What are the desired outcomes? How will they be measured? How will you report the results to the key stakeholders?
Steps 17: Identify Next Steps
How will you implement the plan on a larger scale? Will this be applicable to other units or the facility as a whole? What will you do to ensure that the implementation becomes permanent?
Step 18: Disseminate Findings
How will you communicate your findings internally (within your organization) and externally (to others outside of your organization)?
Provide a clear and concise summary. Review the key aspects of the problem as well as the change model. Be sure to include important aspects of the three levels of change for the John Hopkins EBP process.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.