Posted: January 25th, 2016
Argue for or against which source is better to prepare for a debate on changing a local ordinance that prohibits the distribution of paper ads and salespeople coming door to door for sales. Identify the advantages, types of sources, etc., and provide answers for possible disadvantages.
Due Week 4 and worth 150 points
Select one (1) of the scenarios on which to focus your informative paper. Research the topic and include credible sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize information and / or claims effectively.
- Your boss has asked you (a communication specialist) to write an informative paper about the free clinic that will be opening in your local neighborhood for those without medical insurance. Describe the process and benefits of the program for the public.
- The state school board chairperson has asked you (a consultant on health and wellness) to write an informative paper about the recent changes to the national breakfast and lunch program to improve nutrition and health. Describe the process and benefits of the programs for parents.
- The director of a local domestic violence shelter has asked you (a board member and volunteer for the organization) to write an informative paper about your local organization’s program. Describe the process and benefits of the program for the community members.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the process (decisions, steps) involved in the program.
- Explain the benefits of the program.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, correctly documented sources to substantiate claims.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
ENG DQ 4
“Traditional Library versus Web-based Research Sources”Please respond to the following:
- Argue for or against which source (Traditional Library Sources versus Web-based Research Sources) would be better to prepare for a debate on changing the state’s laws on smoking in public buildings. Identify the advantages, types of sources, etc., and provide answers for possible disadvantages.
- Argue for or against which source is better to prepare for a debate on changing a local ordinance that prohibits the distribution of paper ads and salespeople coming door to door for sales. Identify the advantages, types of sources, etc., and provide answers for possible disadvantages.
Please read the article below and answer the following questions in 125-200 words.
Briefly restate the main points in the article. Is this something that seems logical based on things you have easily learned or remembered? Can you adjust your study habits to try to remember the material more efficiently? Also, read and respond to at least one classmate’s post.
Curve of Forgetting