– Number of References : 12 or more and must use Vancouver style
– word counts maximam : 600 words excluding references/figures/figure legends
– 2 important parts in this case study : the Report and Pathogenesis for disease
– it must comply with the instructions (as below) which given by the course coordinator , it must contains figures to cover aspects , example figures Radiographs for the disease , one or more photo or microscopic photo to the bacteria causes this disease , diagrams may show steps or process regarding ; phagocytic cells, Macrophage, dendritic cells ,cytokines , chemokines ….etc
My assigned case study :
An adolescent Papua New Guinea national accessing health care in the Torres Strait Treaty Zone undergoes a medical check after complaining of a cough for more than 3 weeks, unexplained weight loss, fatigue and night sweats. A chest X-ray of this patient shows a round, opaque nodule with a poorly defined margin within the parenchyma of the upper lobe of the right lung. The patient is immediately quarantined as a precaution. A sputum sample from this patient is subsequently shown to contain high levels of a small acid-fast, rod-shaped bacterium (bacilli) that stains red using the Ziehl-Neelsen staining method.
The instructions how to do this case study report as given by course coordinator :
1. You have been assigned a case study and your report should address the case information provided.
2. Based upon the specific case-study that you have been assigned you should specifically address the following key points as relevant to your case;
1) Using the cues (signs/symptoms and other prompts or hints) from your case-study identify the most likely potential diseases that your patient may be experiencing – discuss your conclusions.
2) Using the diagnostic findings what is the most likely cause of disease. Explain your conclusion. Describe the mechanisms of pathogenesis for this disease (i.e. How does the infection or disease lead to the signs and symptoms).
You are essentially writing a literature review and relating it to your case study. Use published literature reviews as a guide. While we don’t expect you to be writing as well as experienced scientists, we hope that you can begin to:
• Compare results and conclusions by different authors
• Contrast results that appear to lead to conflicting conclusions
• Consider the accepted/long-standing information about a topic while also taking into account emerging research.
3. The report must prepared INDIVIDUALLY and in the report you must address the above questions. The detail of your report should be of a level suitable for review by an expert panel of microbiologists, immunologists and pharmacists.
4. The report should be in times new roman 12 point font and a maximum of 600 words in length (excluding references/figures/figure legends).
5. Each student must prepare an individual report accompanied by an assignment cover sheet. The report must be submitted to Turnitin.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!