Posted: March 8th, 2015
A proposal to initiate a drug discovery program to identify a new class of chemical compound that will act on the innovator target.
You have recently been appointed as the R&D Director of a successful multinational company that has recently decided to change it’s corporate focus and direct a research program to develop a “me too” drug to compete with and established pharmaceutical product that acts at an innovator target (see table 1). Your task is to choose a one of these targets and prepare a research proposal for the next company Board Meeting that includes the following points:.
- Part – I: A description of the drug discovery process that led to the development of the “competitor” drug which acts on the innovator or novel target. A description of the pharmacology of this drug, its clinical indications and a comparison to any pre-existing pharmacotherapies (80 points).
- Select a drug target from table 1
- List drugs available in Australia for this target
- Select the most popular drug from the list and discuss its chemistry, pharmacology, mechanism of action, indications, contraindications, side effects etc.
- Briefly discuss the other drugs on the market in comparison to the drug of your choice
- Part – II: A proposal to initiate a drug discovery program to identify a new class of chemical compound that will act on the innovator target. You may treat the drug of your choice (as above) as a lead compound and suggest chemical and/or physical modification for your discovery program. This proposal should include a discussion on the benefits of your chosen drug discovery in comparison to existing drugs (20 points).
The maximum word count for this assignment is 3000 words. Quality is more important to quantity. A correctly formatted bibliography is required and only primary reference sources may be included.
For a custom paper to the above topic, place your Order Now!!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers