Posted: January 18th, 2016
1. Why was Cindy at risk for a pressure ulcer? What were some of the contributing factors, and why?
2. What are the symptoms of an egg allergy? Why do you think her allergy was not ever life threatening when she was receiving the nightly tube feedings at home?
3. Take into consideration her multiple medical conditions of cerebral palsy,egg allergy, and recent pressure ulcer, and calculate her estimated calorie needs and protein needs.
4. Recommendanappropriatetubefeedingformulabrandnameortypethathasno albumin from egg protein (for the days that she does not have adequate oral intake of her meals).
5. Appendix:Designafull-daymealplanforCindythatincludespureed/softfoods. This diet needs to fully address her CP-related chewing/swallowing challenges. Be sure to consider her protein needs for wound healing promotion and future prevention, but without foods containing eggs or egg by-products. Oral protein drink supplements can be considered. Include the total calories, carbohydrates, fats, protein, and any micronutrients that are important in this case.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.