Posted: January 11th, 2016
Respiratory protection devices are available in two basic design types: Air-Purifying Respirators (APR) and Supplied-Air Respirators (SAR). As a trained hazardous materials specialist, your employer asks you to evaluate each of the following four possible workplace conditions:
- Fiberglass components are being sanded smooth prior to painting by assembly line workers.
- A leak in a nitrogen supply line within a service closet requires repair but the supply of nitrogen cannot be interrupted.
- Hydrochloric acid vapor is escaping from a cylinder stored in an outdoor area. Oxygen levels are measured and found to be above 19.5%.
- A full 55-gallon drum of an organic solvent commonly used in the production process is releasing vapor.
For each of the above four conditions:
- Select the preferred type of respiratory protection device.
- Identify which standardized OSHA filter color the device should be fitted with (if not applicable, so state).
- Explain your rationale for choosing the device type.
Writing the Paper
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.